macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Unfixable permissions
    Hi, I have about 8 permissions that won't correct, no matter how many times I run Disk Utility or a 3rd party prog. They get listed as 'fixed,' but then they show when I run the D.U. again. Any suggestions? Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Unfixable permissions
    Hi Glenn which permissions are these? Can you copy/paste them here or take a screenshot? Also have you tried running Disk Utility from the boot up disk? Thanks Rounik
  • Wipavue
    Hi Rounik, Yes, I've tried using the boot-up disk. I'll get a screenshot up in a minute or two....
  • Wipavue
    [img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/MADDWASP/screenshot.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn Thanks. So seems related to java then. Do you the latest version of osx and java installed? What about if you repair disk permissions using disk utility on your system drive. Do you still encounter the same errors? The good news is it's being repaired! Oh, also do have a bootcamp or parallels partition on your system drive?
  • Wipavue
    [quote]Thanks. So seems related to java then. Do you the latest version of osx and java installed? What about if you repair disk permissions using disk utility on your system drive. Do you still encounter the same errors? The good news is it's being repaired! Oh, also do have a bootcamp or parallels partition on your system drive?[/quote] Hi Rounik, AFAIK, I have the latest Java v installed, and my OS is 10.6.6. The behaviour of D.U. is the same from the system disk as it is from the boot-up disk: No matter how many times I run it, I get the same results. No Windoze on my Mac, thenk-you! As for it being repaired, I don't think so; otherwise, why would I get the same results every time I run D.U.? Thanks, Glenn
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: