macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mac pro
    my mac pro doesn't boot up
    I turned on my mac pro 2.6 first generation with mac osx today, it didn't boot up and a message showed up saying: Panic (CPU 0 caller 0X55C075): "unable to find driver for this platform:"ACPI/". "@/sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.9.26/iokit/kernel/IOP io platform expert.cpp 2.1389 Anybody could help please.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: my mac pro doesn't boot u...
    Hi Mac Pro, I moved your thread to the Mac OS sub-forum. 1. Please can you tell us what version of OSX your Mac Pro is running. 2. Do you have: i. a backup of your important data... and/or ii. a clone of your entire system Have you unplugged everything from your Mac and then plugged in only the keyboard and mouse and tried turning it on?
  • Mac pro
    Hi Rounkin I have Mac osx Snow leopard on my computer I have my data backed up by time machine Ahmad
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ahmad, Did you try unplugging all other devices and restarting your Machine? Also try inserting your Install DVD and rebooting from that: Insert disc. Hold down "C" while starting up. Additionally you may wish to see if your Mac starts up in Safe Mode: Hold down shift as your Mac is starting up: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1564[/url] Hope this helps R
  • 790cody
    I had the exact same issue with a MBP 17" unibody this evening. Precisely the same error code. I booted from my Snow Leopard DVD and ran a disk verify. It indicated there were problems and that I ought to repair the disk. Attempted the repair and it failed. The wizard suggested that I "back up as much of my data as possible" and essentially wipe the drive and start over. Fortunately, I had a timemachine backup made this afternoon. I'm currently formatting my drive. There had been no significant recent changes that I can think of to cause such a problem. Most recent installation of any software was Office 2011 around a week ago, but I've been using all sorts of other programs since then. :/ Such is the world of technology, eh?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi 790cody, welcome to the forums! How is your MBP working now? Better I hope! Rounik
  • GaryHiebner
    If the repair disk fails then it is either a corrupt system software (where you will have to clean install your system and copy your data and apps back), or a Hard Drive failure. If you are worried, take the unit to an AppleCare centre and they can run hardware diagnostic tests on the unit.
  • 790cody
    Kind of... I reformatted, replaced all of my content using my timemachine snapshot and got back on my feet for a couple weeks. Interestingly, it's not the end of my journey just yet. Just yesterday (or was it the day before) I started to experience a periodic "spinning beachball of death" where my machine simply decided to stop for a while. It only seemed to happen when I was using applications (like chrome or firefox), but fortunately system tools (specifically timemachine) seemed to work. I made a current backup, and created a new user profile in which all of the programs seem to work like a champ with no lockup. I now need to transfer documents from my other profile, but I want to be cautious to not bring over whatever the heinous things are that were locking up my machine. Long and short of it, I was able to get past the original problem, but I wasn't out of the woods yet. Thanks for checking in. -cb
  • 790cody
    So.. funny thing... I live in Juneau, Alaska and the nearest Apple Store (applecare center) is over 900 miles away in Seattle, Washington: a plane ride and rental car away. I'm hoping I won't have to leverage my extended Apple Care Protection Plan, but I'm glad I have it as a fallback.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi 790cody Are you out of the woods yet? Did you find the files that were causing FF and Chrome problems in your main user account? Well, 900 miles from an Apple Store is pretty far! Puts my 3-4 mile journey to my local Apple store into perspective! Do you have any local Apple Resellers in your area? :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: