macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 790cody
    Re: my mac pro doesn't boot u...
    Switching user profiles has helped significantly, though I'm still periodically seeing a bit of sluggishness (like the spinning beach ball). As for a local apple reseller, kinda. We have a local computer shop, but as I understand things, they have done away with apple support, and instead send things back to apple (which I could certainly do myself). So, all in all, I'm pleased that things are working better and hopeful that nothing significant happens again. I'm being diligent with frequent time-machine backups. Most of all, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the behaviors don't come back again anytime soon. Thanks for checking in.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi 790cody, Thanks for the update. Does repairing your permissions still work ok? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too :) Cheers R
  • 790cody
    It seems that repairing the permissions worked well. I still have a copy of my user library so if I run into some major configuration issues (like loss of bookmarks, etc) that I care deeply for, I can likely track them down. On one hand, I guess it's nice to have a fresh start from time to time! Plus, it gives me that much more "reason" (so I'll tell my wife) that a Macbook Air purchase is in order! Cheers!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: