macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Optimise your Mac!
    Check out this essential tip on The Hub by Richard Lainhart: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/optimise-your-macs-performance-using-terminal-to-run-os-x-maintenance-scripts[/url]
  • Hamish H
    Re: Optimise your Mac!
    Hi Rounik how are you? I tried these tips - I think everything worked but it semed to happen really fast - as soon as I hit return I got the original prompt again. I was wondering if it was normal for terminal to run the routines almost instantaneously. Any ideas? Am I normal? :) Cheers boss! H
  • Rounik Admin
    I'm good Hamish! Hope you're well too :) Sometimes if you blink you can literally miss certain functions being run in the Terminal! Which of the routines took no time to run? ... you know, "normal" is so over-rated ;-)
  • Hamish H
    'Sudo periodic all', my friend. The prompt was back before I took my finger off the return key, so definitely I missed it! Its a really good tip from Richard, its something thats so easy to do and I bet my Mac will thank me for it. I reckon there is a lot of Mac tricks that I don't know about that'll keep things running smooth, so I hope you guys keep up the tips in the hub! Cheers H
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: