macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    Time Machine can't restore folders?
    Hi, I had an issue with one of my Logic songs, and sought to restore an earlier version via TM. When I chose to restore the folder containing all of the audio and other data subfolders, the new folder came up empty. I wasn't prompted for my password, either. Is there any way to restore the entire contents of a folder (including subfolders and their contents) without having to select each and every file? Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Time Machine can't restore folders?
    Hi Glenn (or should I call you 'Big G.F.?) If you'd already recorded the audio files then they should be in the Audio folder already... Personally I don't use Time Machine in this way (actually I simply don't use it!) - but have you tried looking in the Project file backups folder for previous versions of the project? This might be the most effective way to turn back the clock while keeping all the sub folders of your project intact. Thanks Big R.S. ;-)
  • Wipavue
    Hey Big R.S.! lol... Ya know, I went to TM in a moment of Brain Fart, these things seem to happen more and more as I get older. Of course you are right. I had tried to move the entire Logic project folder from the past to the present, and only empty audio subfolders appeared within. Then I panicked a bit, and figured out, that, unless I discovered otherwise, I'd have to move in the contents of the folder's subfolder by subfolder. So, I reviewed the pertinent chapters of Snow Leopard 101, didn't find anything relating to the moving folders, so I came on here. I take it that there is no way to do the folder move without selecting the actual contents of the folder? Thanks, BGF.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey BGF, Well, to be honest... not sure about the folder and Time Machine malarky... I'll see if I can find out. Curious to see Logic X on Lion and how autosave and versions will be implemented. It *should* remove the hassle from these kind of situations. :) BRS
  • Wipavue
    I don't think I'll be changing to Lion anytime soon. My setup is stable, and I see no reason to be herded into the Lion's Den...so to speak. I do want to thank all the beta-testers out there, though! :) In any case, have you uncovered anything about the restoration of folders from TM? Cheers, B.I.G G.F.
  • Rounik Admin
    I've actually installed Lion earlier today (on an external drive)... I'm quite impressed so far. Oops... folder restoration in Time Machine... Let me ask someone in the know... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: