macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    'Advanced Snow Leopard' relevance to Lion?
    Question is in the header. Thanks, Glenn
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: 'Advanced Snow Leopard' relevance to Lio...
    Hi Glen, What do you mean by this question? Could you explain further?
  • Wipavue
    I have Rounik's tutorial, and I am just wondering how much of its content still applies to Lion, which I've been forced to move to in a new computer. Cheers, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=Big G.F.]I have Rounik's tutorial, and I am just wondering how much of its content still applies to Lion, which I've been forced to move to in a new computer. Cheers, Glenn[/quote] Hey Glenn The vast majority of the tips from the video course still applies to Lion. However one or two free apps and techniques may not work fully under Lion. Interestingly, it is rumored that the next version of Mac OSX (Mountain Lion) is being released today... Best Rounik
  • GaryHiebner
    Exciting news! We all wait and see when Apple releases it. I feel like I am such on the back burner. I moved onto Lion, and then reverted back to Snow Leopard. Maybe I'll jump to Lion, once Mountian Lion is released.
  • Wipavue
    If I could put Snow Leopard onto my new Mini Server, I would. So far, Lion is giving me nothing but headaches with AU authorizations. You'd think that after a year the OS would be solid, but no, it isn't. Logic hangs at the AUNetReceive, and I have to force quit. I'll wait for the beta testers to test Mountain Lion. Thanks Rounik. Glenn
  • DaveRobinson
    Videos like this are never ending sources of information. SL was on this machine when bought and lp9 using DVDs the same day. Just before upgrading to os x 10.7 SL Logic were running well. The video today will always remind me how good snow leopard is. Logic upgraded from initial install to todays version. I like to think snow leopard is still an option... but i'd go with ML install again, snow leopard was good. so is ML. SL Lion ML and lp9.. 2 os x upgrades,. Great 2 years with my first mac. 8-)
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=G.F. Big]If I could put Snow Leopard onto my new Mini Server, I would. So far, Lion is giving me nothing but headaches with AU authorizations. You'd think that after a year the OS would be solid, but no, it isn't. Logic hangs at the AUNetReceive, and I have to force quit. I'll wait for the beta testers to test Mountain Lion. Thanks Rounik. Glenn[/quote] Which plug-ins are you having problems with in Lion? Is Logic in 32-bit or 64-bit mode?
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote=DaveRobinson]Videos like this are never ending sources of information. SL was on this machine when bought and lp9 using DVDs the same day. Just before upgrading to os x 10.7 SL Logic were running well. The video today will always remind me how good snow leopard is. Logic upgraded from initial install to todays version. I like to think snow leopard is still an option... but i'd go with ML install again, snow leopard was good. so is ML. SL Lion ML and lp9.. 2 os x upgrades,. Great 2 years with my first mac. 8-)[/quote] That's interesting! I haven't upgraded to ML yet on my main Mac. Still on Lion and repeating the mantra, "if it ain't broke..." If I'm brutally honest, my favourite Mac OS X version is still 10.4: Tiger. There was something minimal, but mature... without the bells and whistles and I found it to be very stable when running Logic 6 and 7. It sounds like ML will be an improvement in many ways though... I'm thinking similar to how Snow Leopard was a better version of Leopard. Be interested to hear everyone's experiences with ML...
  • DaveRobinson
    Re: Re: Re: 'Advanced Snow Leopard' relevance to Lio..
    As apple move away from 32bit, the reduction in "install" size is considerable as the code is dumped. Most is gone in ML so the install is light and is friendlier to ram. However there's a price to pay "Hardware" gets old quick here, line drawn. The mark is set with Lion ML if your good to go, then you're in for a good ride. The next upgrade I "Think" will be to clear out the emulated 32bit. This upgrade won't hit the community like ML has with graphics issues in logic ? Others like myself are enjoying ML Research and back up, My eldest tells me how he can clone his mac, once done he can restore in minutes, amazing. 8-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: