macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jylefyy
    STP probs and time constraints
    Hi, Here's my situation: I a 1.75 GB .mov file with no music. WHen I add a lot of music, the file is now 2.5GB. In the instances where the file actually does download, it won't open, in FCP or QT. The error message says "not in a format the quicktime player understands." But I can watch it on my computer and it looks and sounds good. Any ideas for me? thanks in advance Frank Goodman
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: STP probs and time constraints
    Hi Frank, Open the file in QuickTime 7 and press Command-I to open the Info window. Can you see what file codec it is? Also, are you playing the movie file in STP or some other program? Thanks Rounik
  • Jylefyy
    Hi Rounik, Always a pleasure to see you in the house. I opened it in 7, and it did not say what Codec it was, though it said that the movie before music was added was h.264. I've watched the movie in STP and in QT. what do you think- Frank
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Frank, And good to see you too. (I'm always in the House btw - just been busy in The Hub area these days :-) OK. So, it's H.264 which is fine. Can you describe the process you take in STP to export the movie with soundtrack? Thanks :)
  • Jylefyy
    Sure thing, thanks. In STP, I go to File, down and select Export I name it, use a Custom Preset Exported items: Master Mix File Type: Using Compressor Preserve Video/ Linear PCM Sterei 16Bit 48kHz Preset: Custom template dialog box Press Edit Presets Drag the .mov file into the arrow box Get Setttings tab, select GT H.264 codec Destinations tab, select Desktop After Export: None Press Export Then I wait some hours, a zip file arrives, and it won't open. So far, that's all. thanks, Frank
  • Jylefyy
    Hi Rounik, Just to update, I decided to at least output the audio, so someone else could slide the file into place, which won't happen for a few days. But I'm certain to get another edit shortly. so I hope I can output that. I think something may have been wrong with that video file Id been sent. One day in Dropbox it said it was 1.6GB, and the next it said tit was 5.6!. so I didn't get that. It's my first soundtrack. Just trying to get my little ducks in a row...hope you're doing well. Where is your home base? thanks, Frank
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Frank, Let me know how things go with you next video to edit in STP... Should output just fine... As a workaround you can always output just the audio and then add it to the original movie in QT 7 (which as you have QT Pro - part of Logic Studio) you can do. Let me know if you need any help with that process. (I'm based in Bristol, UK. What about you?) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: