macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gmanclarence
    Eliminating inadvertant noises
    I'm working on a movie audio track in Soundtrack Pro 3. In the middle of the dialogue, there is a very loud, inadvertent door slam. I need to know if it is possible to get rid of the door slam without affecting the dialogue. I'm scoring the film with original tracks in Logic Pro 9, and I opened the audio track in Soundtrack Pro to reduce background noise on some interviews. I was rolling right along when I ran into this problem. I don't have Final Cut Pro. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Eliminating inadvertant noises
    Hi gmanclarence, It's difficult to say without hearing the audio. But you might be able to use a combination of STPs Noise reduction feature: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/soundtrack-pro/howto-removing-background-noise-soundtrack-pro[/url] and careful EQing to try and remove the door slam. There are other products with better noise reduction features, such as SoundSoap Pro and iZotope RX2 Advanced. The later is expensive but very, very good. They used to offer a demo. Not sure that is still available though. Hope this helps Rounik
  • gmanclarence
    Thanks Rounik, I read your tutorial, and I'm encouraged by it. This clip is going to take some work, but you've given me hope. I hadn't even considered the possibility of going beyond one pass with noise reduction, for instance. That bit of insight really opened my thought process. Thanks for the help, gmanclarence
  • Rounik Admin
    Really glad to know the article has helped :) Let me know how you get on. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: