macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Joe A
    Omnisphere Download Interrupted
    Hotfuzz wrote: Hi there everyone I’m new to this forum so hi. I recently purchased the Omnisphere 2 upgrade and I already own Omnisphere 1. I recently purchased an iMac 10.14 so the old Omnisphere CDs aren’t compatible to install. I assumed it would be straight forward as version 1 is registered in my account but it seems Spectrasonics are not as easy... btw Toontrack have made their downloads and upgrades very easy. Wish all other developers would follow suit.... breeze! Downloading. anyway I proceeded to open download manager add new product. all installed fine and then started to download product... ok so then my internet data ran out halfway. Typical!!! ( I have an 18yr old son... say no more... apart from Gamer!!!!) so obviously it interrupted the download. But now I can not re download it because the upgrade code is already registered so I’ve emailed Spectrasonics but I don’t get any responses. Has anyone got any advice how to restart the process as I can’t due to it already being installed. But because of the cut off from the net it hasn’t installed everything. Seems strange that you only get one chance at downloading. Sure this must happen a lot? Any help would be much appreciated please! I’m eager to start using it... I’ve had no response from Spectrasonics...
  • Joe A
    Re: Omnisphere Download Interrupted
    Hi Hotfuzz - Most download manager software will resume an interrupted download where it left off, have you tried re-downloading to see if that works ? Did the download get far enough to finish downloading the installer, and if so can you install the application/plugin and resume any missing content download from within it? If there's no way to re-downoad or resume the download, unfortunately then it sounds like the kind of issue that will need to be resolved by Spectrasonics, who may not be responsive (or as quick to respond as usual) due to low staffing at the moment.
  • Hotfuzz
    Hi there Joe thanks for your response wish Spectrasonics would reply. Anyway it didn’t resume so I had to close it down and so I restarted the process again but because I’d put the upgrade code in it’s already registered but I don’t know what is missing but I know it was about half way. And I can’t get the library from website so it sounds like I will need a new code but that just seems crazy that if it fails first time you are screwed. So I’ve emailed the company about 3 days ago all I can do is wait for a response. At the moment I’m actually installing Omnisphere 1 STEAM folders. I managed to install the installer update so that’s now compatible with my iMac. Wonder if that will help.... 🤞🤷‍♂️ If you have any other suggestions be much appreciated cheers 👍
  • Luchin
    There's no way you get only one shot at downloading. If you have to change systems you could download. I've redownloaded Omnisphere 2 when I had a drive crash and changed to SSD. And you don't need a new code. You're a registered user already. At this moment they might not be staffed as they want due to the current COVID issues, but you don't need them for this this type of download. If the download didn't work, try again. Make sure you cut off internet from your 18 y/o while doing it if you have a slow and GB-limited connection.
  • Joe A
    >> There's no way you get only one shot at downloading... I agree, that would be unusual, and your experience suggests the Omnisphere download manager should let him continue or redo the download.. But the O.P. did say he tried to resume the download and it didn't work, and implied that he tried restarting the download and that didn't work either.. Luchin, when you used the Omnisphere download manager, did it require any kind of code to resume the download? If you remember, are there any specific steps you could share about re-downloading Omnisphere? Unless the O.P. already succeeded—Hotfuzz, were you ever able to finish or restart the download?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: