Following the release of the tremendous Logic Pro X and the great series of tutorials made by MacProVideo on this new version of the app, I would like to suggest one or two more tutorials:
1) Mastering with Logic Pro X - Fundamentals
2) Mastering with Logic Pro X - Advanced techniques
Even if I agree with the fact that the Steinberg Wavelab 7 software is certainly more appropriate for mastering purposes than Logic Pro, I think the Apple audio software could do a great job as well. Furthermore, the previous versions of Logic Pro had a predefined project template for mastering work which apparently is no longer available in the latest version of the app.
Here is below some of the topics which could be outlined:
- considering mixing constraints and techniques for mastering purpose (as an introduction and to link mixing and mastering steps in the workflow)
- create a customized template for a mastering project for both use cases: starting from stereo and multi-channels audio source files
- Set up the Logic Pro X preferences according to the mastering constraints
- Identify the most appropriate plugins either from the Logic Collections or from third-party providers catalogs for the mastering work
- Provide some examples of plugins organization and set up into the channel strip according to some short and various genres of music.
In addition to this, these tutorials might be the appropriate place to talk about the M/S techniques.
I think these one or two courses could be an interesting extension to the Logic Pro X series and I am pretty sure that it will be a great starting point for home producers.