macProVideo.com
Forums
  • myles54
    motion and music
    Created a motion piece to use as the backdrop for my menu. I want the music to play after the motion completes its action. I have checked the Still option, put the music in the appropriate place so that it will play with the motion piece but it stops when motion completes the animation. Is there something I have missed? Accroding to the procare folks, when you have selected music and placed it in the area for the menu, it should play for the duration of the song and then loop with no connection to the motion piece. Is there a way to do this in Studio Pro?
  • brianbobcat
    Re: motion and music
    When I made my first motion menu, what I did is create all the motion in Final Cut since I had multiple objects build in, and I know Final Cut fairly well. Then I just exported a quicktime movie which I brought into DVD Studio Pro and set that as the first play asset. Then once the motions stopped, set it as a still like you did, and applied the overlays there. Does that work? -Brian
  • Martin
    Re: motion and music
    If there\'s a vidoe clip in the menu, DVDSP bases the duration of the menu on the duration of the video clip, so your audio will stop when the video does. The way around this is to bring the video into FCP or even QT pro, and do whatever you need to to make it as long as the audio (freeze on the last frame ... copy and past a bunch of stills onto the end of the clip until it\'s the same length as the audio ... or whatever). Menu design is the true art of DVD-Video, and it\'s all about smoke and mirrors at the end of the day. You end up doing a lot of nonlinear thinking to get those menus to look right.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: