macProVideo.com
Forums
  • John Boy Moulton
    Layered DVD menu - image quality problem
    I have created a DVD (16:9 pal) and it works fine and looks great on an output monitor through a dvd seperate. However the menu looks really broken up and bitmapped on a computer screen at anywhere near half size. Have i got the size wrong for the layered dvd menu file? Mine was: 1024 x 576 at 72dpi for a 16:9 pal layered dvd menu Does anyone know of anyway to keep the resolution of flat menus up? Any help will be gratefully recieved! John
  • Martin
    Re: Layered DVD menu - image quality problem
    As long as it looks good on a TV, you're probably good to go ... remember that DVD-Video, as a format, is meant to be viewed on a TV and not particularly on computers, so you have to keep your eventual display medium in mind. Computer monitorss provide a much larger resoultion, so the image is likely to be blown-up quite a bit when you watch it on the computer. That will make it look pixelated. The anamorphic process used to create 16:9 menus involves a whole bunch of squishing and stretching of the menu to begin with, so in the end the menu is squeexed to 768 X 576, and then stretched back out to make the wide-screen display ... basically, you are dealing with a very low resolution even though it is widescreen. It's an imvolved process, that is detailed in our DVDSP 101: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringDVDSP[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: