macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gykekuo
    PAL DVD'S IN THE U.S.
    Hi There, NTSC DVD's usually work on domestic players here in a Australia so just wondering if PAL DVD's will work on U.S. Players and Computers. If not do i re - render my PAL FCP sequence as NTSC then compress and author also as NTSC ? Any insight would be great Regards Sam
  • Martin
    Re: PAL DVD'S IN THE U.S.
    It's generally accepted that NTSC DVDs will play on PAL players, but the opposite is far from guaranteed. For example, they don't play on any of my set top boxes ... Fortunatly, it's pretty easy to crop PAL so it will display at NTSC frame dimensions. you can also do a 3:2 pulldown to transfer the frame rate, which works alright. It's going to take some trial and error though ...
  • Sues Husband
    Re: PAL DVD'S IN THE U.S.
    Hi Sam, I'm now in the same situation as you were as far as needing to produce some DVDs that are happy to play in the U.S.A (NTSC). I'm wondering how your 'trial and error' went and if you have some advise for PAL>NTSC DVD? Cheers steve@festive.com.au
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: