macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jytadau
    Getting a Pause point/marker in video and play with play prompt
    Here's what needs to happen: An instructional DVD with video fading into a question that is posted on the screen until the user prompts to move forward by pressing play. The way it is [i]currently[/i] being accomplished: Video and Image files dragged into the node-based stage in DVDSP4 with [i]each separate clip linked to it's upcoming still[/i]. This means that the video has to be exported in the 4 or 5 [b]different segments[/b] and dropped into DVDSP. That seems too clunky. The way I would LIKE to know if it COULD be done: Do [b]all the editing[/b] in FCP including the posted stills (the questions). Then either place a style of marker right there in FCP or later on in DVDSP that would tell play to pause indefinitely and resume upon the users press of play (and even mark itself as a chapter to boot... but that's just extra credit). The problem I've run into is I can't define a button unless it is on a [b]still image/menu[/b]. Thanks!
  • Martin
    Re: Getting a Pause point/marker in video and play with play pro
    You can create buttons over video using the subtitle stream ... it's a bit detailed, but is explained in the DVDSP 101 in video 49: "Using Subtitles to Create Buttons Over Video." [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringDVDSP[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: