macProVideo.com
Forums
  • rp
    iPod movies
    Hello all. I'm authoring a DVD with video content and I'd like the disc to also contain an iPod version of the content (m4v, 320x240) for download. So far I've been unable to figure out how to accomplish this. I'm thinking that maybe when the disc is inserted into a computer, a separate icon would appear on the desktop which one could drag to a connected iPod. Otherwise, the disc would play like any other when in a DVD player. I thought I would check the DVD-ROM box and import it that way, but the m4v file I created wasn't recognized or available for import by Studio Pro. Would anyone have any ideas for pulling this off? (DVD Studio Pro 4.0.2, FCP 5.0.2, G5) Thanks.
  • Martin
    Re: iPod movies
    The DVD ROM checkbox is used to select a folder, and anything inside this folder will be placed at the root level of the Disc. It will not, however, automatically mount on the desk top ... users will need to go onto the disc to find it ... or additionally, you could provide a direct link to it from inside the DVD Video project itself. If the user has iTunes set to display m4v files by default, then iTunes will pop open as soon as they click the link. It'll take some trial and error though to get the functionality you expect ...
  • rp
    Re: iPod movies
    Thanks Martin. I also got a reply from someone on the Apple site and so far so good. I did a test and it did show up on the disc, and then I was able to drag it into iTunes. I really like your idea of having a link on a menu page. I'll check that out next.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: