macProVideo.com
Forums
  • joker
    Image compressed at tv screen
    hi haved made a dsp 4 project so it was my first, in simulation mode all things were ok but in a domestic dvd all image and movie were compressed, so i have black stripe on the right and left of my tv and images was shrink can i change setting to fix up the problem or i nee to restart my project ? thanks
  • Martin
    Re: Image compressed at tv screen
    What is the resolution (frame size) of your source footage. It's common when shooting D1 (720 X 486) that it get's resized to the DVD-Video resolution of 720 X 480 by DVDSP ... this causes the entire frame to be resized, resulting in some really bad looking video, and those ugle black bars along the edges. if indeed this is the case, then CROP those extra 6 pixels off by encoding your video through compressor BEFORE bringing it into DVDSP ... I think I cover this technique in the 101 ... or maybe it's in one of my books ... I get sooo confused sometimes ... :) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringDVDSP[/url]
  • joker
    it's not just movie it was applied to all art in my project, menu, photo should i send you a photo ?
  • Martin
    Yeah, an image would help ... if you have a server, post it there and use our "insert link" function when replying. What is the dimensions of the osurce file syou are using?
  • joker
    i found what's the problem, my project was made in PAL format so i erase my video ressources and now i can change to NTSC format.... and my images are now all right... but i still have a question... in idvd you have an option to see the "crop zone" of a tv screen , in dsp there is a similar option or how many pixels in each side of the screen do i need to not have menu or title disappear??? thanks
  • Martin
    These are called the "Title Safe" and "Action Safe" zones ... you can turn them on by visiting the Settings menu in the top right of the Menu editor. Ahhh, the old PAL footage trick ... :) ... glad you figured it out!
  • yvan
    Hi, I have no solution for the problems here, but I have a simmilar Problem: I have 768x576 digitized footage. The footage has been edited on Media 100 Producer, that works in 720x576 -Mode, only. Then export as MPEG-4 H.264 768x576. This QT-File was encoded in DSP and as a Test also in iDVD6 and 7. In both programms the Video-DVD is fine when watching it on my Macbook. But when I watch it in a normal DVD Player, THE PICTURE IS COMPLETELY MOVED TO THE LEFT, fits the Screen but is out of the middle. If I watch the dvd on the common DVD-Player and the Player is pluged via Chinch-BNC-Video to the Pro-Monitor, it is fine (in the middle). Using different other Players pluged to TVs the same problem: the picture is out of the middle. If the film is exportet (out of Producer) in 720x576 (by Referenz or by the M100-Codec) the video will be in the middle for Computer and TV, but the image is squeezed and there is black left and right. Does somebody have an idea ? Please help ! :-) yvan
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: