macProVideo.com
Forums
  • srabin1
    DVD Space, Not!
    I've got a project that I was able to fit onto one DVD, with its files run through Compressor (via FCP) at 120 minutes, 4:3, best quality. I had to go back and make some very minor changes to one of the video files and now inexplicably it won't fit onto a standard 4.7G DVD, saying that the project is now 253 Meg too big to fit when I format it in DVD Studio Pro 4. This is really puzzling but now I am looking for workarounds if they exist. I noticed that in Compressor there was a 120 minutes, 4:3, fastest encode option. I tried to run the largest of the video files through with that Compressor option but it made very little difference in the size(s) of the output files. I really do need to get this entire project onto one DVD without cutting anything. Are there any possible workarounds or suggestions on how to free up enough space to make the happen? Thanks, Syd Rabin
  • Martin
    Re: DVD Space, Not!
    It's easy to do ... but you may have to create a custom preset in compressor to squeee it a bit tighter. Just dupliacte the preset you're using and set the bit depth to 1 mbps LOWER than it is now. If you're going to seriously autor DVD-Video, you MUST come to terms with MPEG-2 compression. This is a BIG topic and more than a forum post can explain. However, I go over everything you need to know, and a whole lot more, in this tutorial series: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringDVDSP[/url] Specifically, chapter 3 is all about how to compress video for use in DVDSP.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: