macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DVD Studio Pro
    3 second delay when changing angles
    Hi guys, new here. I have used 3 video streams and burnt it to dvd. When i play it on my dvd player and change the angle, there is a 3 second delay. Would anyone be able to tell me why. Does it depend on the dvd player or is it affected by I-frames. It's the only thing I can think of. I appreciate if you could help. thanks Jon
  • Martin
    Re: 3 second delay when changing angles
    Welcome Jon! You're exactly right about the iframes ... angles switch on iframes. It's not the seamless process we all wish it was. In fact, whenver you switch anything in DVD-Video, there will be a small lag. This is somewhat dependent on the DVD-Video player being used, but it always occurs to some degree becasuse the laser actually has to physically refocuse on a different part of the disc, and moving the laser takes time. DVD-Video, as a format, was finalized in 1994, and we're still dealing with the limitations of a format invented so long ago. Anyway, I'n afrad theere's nothing you can do to speed the switches up.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: