macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Macdiet
    Dual Layer Break Point Problem
    Hi there, I've bought, downloaded and read lots of info about DVDSP. This way, I've learned a lot. Many thanks for that! Still, I've got a question, and as I searched the net for a solution, it seemed a lot of other users are having the same problem. How does one place the break point marker for a dual layer dvd? Or even: why doesn't the 'automatic' function work properly? If you read the manuals it seems so easy, until you press the format button... please advise. FYI: in my case there were up to 12 tracks with a total time of prox. 3 hours kind regards, Dietrich Peeters - Belgium -
  • Martin
    Re: Dual Layer Break Point Problem
    You have to set a marker in a track, and tag the marker as the Dual-Layer break point using the Marker Inspector > General tab. What issues are you running into?
  • Macdiet
    Hi Martin, thx for replying! sure, i've set a marker. sure, i've tagged it as a break point in the inspector and in the disc inspector, i've changed the dual layer break point settings from 'automatic' to the marker i've set. then i made a build. then i made a format - it's then when the warning pops up, saying 'formatting canceled because no suitable marker could be found in the break point area' so, what did i do wrong? kind regards, Dietrich Peeters
  • Martin
    Look at your project in the outline view and ensure the marker is in a track that's approximatly half way down the list (at least, as file size is concerned). Tracks burn to disc in the order they appear in the Outline view, so you want to pick a point that's approximatly half way through the project.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: