macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bree
    Text is Always Pixelated
    Chello Out There! My Problem is This: All text (regardless of application, Photoshop, Illustrator, DSP4, Final CutHD) looks pixelated once in dvd studio pro. Even if it looks half decent in DSP on TV it looks crap. Ive tried the whole anti-alias thing, to no avail... Ive tried PAL 720x534, 1024x576 - all the same..crap. In fact its not just text- its ALL graphics - logos, shapes (tho the background images seem to be fine) - Any ideas?? Thanks a million! Bree
  • Martin
    Re: Text is Always Pixelated
    Hi Bree, Can you post a screenshot?
  • Bree
    Hi Martin! Thanks for your reply mate, I actually managed to fix it! I simply rasterised my text and vector graphics and saved them as TIFF images from illustrator. This seems to have worked nicely. Thanks for your interest! Bree
  • Martin
    Oh ... cool! :)
  • Bree
    Hey Martin- Ok its still happening... ive taken a screen shot. its kinda like jaggedy edges - i cant get that crisp edge - its good in my picture editors (illustrator/Photoshop) but as soon as i import to DVDSP4 - it goes jagged.... notice the red circles and text... ive been exporting it as a TIFF. Really appreciate any light you can shed on this... cheers mate Heres the link to the image: [url]http://www.farmkids.com.au/Temp/index.htm[/url]
  • Martin
    That is due to interlacing ... try previewing the menu and see if it looks smooth. In general, it's best to use BIG fonts for video so these interlacing issues are less prevelant. Nice menu though!!!
  • Bree
    Hey Thanks Man! Sorry to be a hassle - but what do you mean by 'previewing' it. I looked at it in the app 'Preview' and it looks fine. I bought the TIFF back into photoshop and used the deinterlace filter and reimported it into DVDSP to avail :( Any ideas? Thanks again Martin! Bree
  • Martin
    Sorry, I ment the Simulator in DVDSP ... I would suggest you do not de-interlace the image ... that filter will actually CAUSE the issue you see, as it simply repeats every second horizontal line of pixels. Just use your normal image ... the one that looked good in the Preview application ... :) BTW, this stuff is discussed in detail in our DVDSP 101 tutorials ... have you checked those out yet? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringDVDSP[/url]
  • Bree
    Thanks Martin- Yeah Ive stimulated it - oh , i mean simulated it :) - ive burnt it too. Looks the same... Re: 101... Is this Martin Sitter? Ive just read / worked thru the DVD studio pro 4 - Authoring Professional DVD's Book. Really Comprehensive :) But i found the text pixleated during the use of this book too - even from Live Type. Hmmm is 101 different to this book - i looked at your link and the table of contents - seems similiar - would love to know! this is driving me c-a-razy!!! Cheers man! b
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: