macProVideo.com
Forums
  • koki
    Creating 16:9 version from a 4:3 project
    Hi there I have a completed 4:3 project in DVD Studio Pro 4 that I would like to convert into a 16:9 version. I have all the video assets as both 4:3 and 16:9 but really don't want to start from scratch for the 16;9 (with the menus etc...). Is there a way that I can convert the existing 4:3 project into a 16:9 and just import the new video assets? Will I also have to resize existing 4:3 stills for the new 16:9 project? I have a deadline to hit on the 30th so any help would be really appreciated... Thanks
  • Martin
    Re: Creating 16:9 version from a 4:3 project
    For the tracks, you should be able to just swap the video assets out, though you'll need to tag the tracks as 16:9 in the track menu inspector. Ditto for the menus ... I think the option is on the Menu inspector's menu tab, if memory serves me correctly ... :) You'll probably need to re-position the buttons too. Or, you can just use your 4:3 menus. If you want to get tricky, you could even program a script so DVD-Video players that are set to 4:3 show the 4:3 tracks, while players set to 16:9 show widescreen tracks ... oh, what fun. I love scripting in DVDSP ...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: