macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Menus
    Ok I created a layered menu in PScs3 and imported into my dsp4 project. I have a layer with text in PS that I decided to add a drop shadow to, but the menu in dsp did not update, any idea why, I even tried deleting the menu and creating a new menu and re importing the updated file and it still shows the old text.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Menus
    Strange. Are you sure you're bringing in the correct and up to date graphic from CS3? What format did you save the CS3 file as before importing it into DVDSP? By the way, did my reply to your thread on adding audio to a transition help you find a solution? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/video/dvd-studio-pro&id=6012[/url] Would appreciate it if you could share what you did do and any solution or workaround!! ;-) Rounik
  • Segejee
    ok here is the problem I brought in the layered menu in dsp4 but It is not showing the drop shadow that I put on the text in PS, its only showing the original font that I used in PS. is this a format issue? I haven't tried transition thing yet. but I will.
  • Rounik Admin
    When you saved the file in PS did you save it as a .psd? Were the layers still intact? Try saving a copy as a jgeg or a tiff. Before you do this make sure you keep a copy of your original .psd file and then save as... also make sure you flatten all layers, then save. Now try importing it in to DVDSP. Does that resolve the issue?
  • Segejee
    it's a psd file, it worked but now I don't have any layers to work with, I wanted an image to appear when I have a button to be used in it's selected state.
  • Rounik Admin
    Did you manage to get layers working on the button as you wanted?
  • Segejee
    yes I flattened a background layer and a text layer with the drop shadow, then added a new layer with pics that were to appear when the button is in its selected state in dvsp. that was the effect I was going for.
  • Rounik Admin
    great! Thanks :-)
  • Zihymua
    I give you my way. I build up my PSD with all the layers, hide everything except my layers text, save it has a PNG, come back in my PSD delete all layers with text and import back my PNG layer and save it all has PSD, now bevel shadow etc... stay in perfect for FCP, MOTION,DVDpro
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: