macProVideo.com
Forums
  • elliott
    Menu buttons - activated state
    Is it possible to add extra text (a tick) to a button's text name, but only so it appears in the Activated state? The motive is that I'm finding the three colour settings for Normal; Selected; and Activated work fine on some DVD players, but not on others. On these, the Activated state goes to black for all the tracks. The selected button still connects, but I thought that if a tick appeared with the selected Activated button name this would help confirm the connection. Thanks
  • Martin
    Re: Menu buttons - activated state
    If the issue is with the overlay not displaying properly, it would be difficult because you can only put the tick into the overlay itself. You could try the ol' layered menus option, but it's pretty slow to switch states on playback. Did you try playing with the color values to see if there's one does not go black? try mixing and matching colors in the same button state.
  • elliott
    Re: Menu buttons - activated state
    Thanks for the advice. I've tried a couple of different colours, but the same problem persists. As the set up works perfectly well in Simulator, DVD Player & two of my DVD Players (including a cheap as chips £30 model) I think the difficulty is located in the DVD players themselves - in this case, two elderly Toshiba models. As the connection still gets made in these, albeit without much graphical help, I'm inclined to live with the problem.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: