macProVideo.com
Forums
  • what jpegs 4 dvd SD Pal menus?
    Jpeg prep advice required
    HI Hope someone can help please. I need to tell a designer what size jpegs to make for my dvd menus in SD Pal 16:9. It give the sizes in my MacPro Tutorial for NTSC but not for pal. The footage was originally DVCPRO but it will be an Mpeg2 asset in the dvdstudiopro project will this have any implecations for the menu jpegs or are these independent of each other. Thanks and all the best A
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Jpeg prep advice required
    Hi, Please excuse the very late reply! Your question slipped under my radar. If you have not found the solution here is a guideline I would use for PAL: PAL: 4:3 : picture 768x576 16:9 : picture 1024x576 Thanks Rounik
  • suzon
    i do work in PAL and i really dont know how to interpret in chapter 2, the movies 28, 29, 30 and 31 as there are NTSC sizes you are talking about. i know the 720 is 768x576 and 1024x576 but the aspect ratio are very different.... it is more than muddy!!! please can you just convert the sizes for each of these movies. what about the resizing 16:9 and also to not have jagged lines? thanks for your help! cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Suzon, I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to add still images to a PAL DVD Studio Pro project or are you talking about the tutorial itself? Please give me more details either way. Thanks Rounik
  • suzon
    Hi Rounik! yes i am trying to add stills to a DVD studio pro project and as i said, i am following the Mastering DVD tutorial. the chapter 2 is about making menu with our own stills, imported from Photoshop. now all these movies 28, 29, 30 and 31 in this MAKING MENU chapter are for NTSC system. I would like to have as much details for PAL system in terms of size-resize for 4:3 ratio but also for 16:9. thanks! cheers Suzon
  • suzon
    i am in the forum, i hope...well thats what is written on top of this window. Hi Rounik! yes i am trying to add stills to a DVD studio pro project and as i said, i am following the Mastering DVD tutorial. the chapter 2 is about making menu with our own stills, imported from Photoshop. now all these movies 28, 29, 30 and 31 in this MAKING MENU chapter are for NTSC system. I would like to have as much details for PAL system in terms of size-resize for 4:3 ratio but also for 16:9. thanks! cheers Suzon
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Suzon, The confusion with creating still images that look correct in PAL format is down to the fact that video and graphics apps use different size pixels! Square and non-square... Anyway, do try this: If you are working for 4:3 ratio, in Photoshop use the 768 x 576 to create the image. Now when outputting the image export it to 720 x 576 pixels. This will look squeezed in PS but when you import it into DVDSP, if it doesn't automatically resize the image to broadcast standard then this is a necessary step. For 16:9 - Produce the still image in 1024 x 576 pixels. When ready to output, resize the image to 720 x 576 pixels. So, this should work fine now. But if you still have some issues, please can you give me the following details: - OSX version - DVDSP version - Which application you created / edited the still images in? - What format and pixel size the images are. - How you are adding them to DVDSP - What exactly is the problem with the images in DVDSP? (e.g. I outputted 4:3 xxx x xxx pixels and it looks 'stretched/squashed, etc). If possible screenshots of the before and after of the picture would be helpful. To post screenshots follow the instructions here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] Hope that helps Rounik
  • suzon
    great! thanks ....got my answer > so, no matter what, after working for 4:3 with 756x576pixels for 16:9 with 1024x576 pixels i should b4 importing in dvd studio pro, change the size of these pix with NO constraint proportions into 720x576pixels, save them, and then import them (squashed) into DVDSP..... great! doh!mud is clear! cheers
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: