macProVideo.com
Forums
  • CPA
    DVD Player don't read
    After compressing a 90 minutes movie using compressor I burned a DVD using DVD SP. When DVD SP finished writing the DVD we can watch the movie on the computer but it fail on my TV DVD Player. I got a message that indicate that "This disk cannot be played" If rather than using Compressor and DVD SP I use QuickTime conversion and iDVD, my TV-DVD Player works fine. I am using a DVD-R. When using Compressor I use the preset 90 minutes faster setting provided by Compressor. The Compressor is version 3.04 The DVD SP is ver 4.2.1 FCP ver 6.0.4 Please, help me understand what should I do to resolve this problem. Thanks,
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: DVD Player don't read
    Hi CPA, Welcome to the macProVideo forums. Compressor is simply an app that applies different compression settings to video and audio. Did you do Quicktime conversion using Quicktime Pro? These compression presets are also available in Compressor. Which Settings did you use in Compressor? What additional settings did you use in DVDSP? Thanks Rounik
  • CPA
    Re: DVD Player don't read
    Thanks for your reply. I just want to let you know that we figured out the reason for this problem. Rather than creating a SD DVD, without realizing it we were creating a HD DVD. My DVD Player only play SD formatted DVDs. Because a previous project setting to HD, I must have imported assets before switching preferences back to SD first. After creating a new project it worked fine. Thanks!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: