macProVideo.com
Forums
  • scott Henderson
    Blu Ray
    I am trying to burn a blu ray for the first time and DVDSP keeps saying wrong format, but the file is going into compressor as a .mov, and coming out via the standard templates for HD DVD. I've had come out of compressor .m2v, .mov, and a couple of .mp4, and everytime "incompatable format". any help? I'vd made standard def DVDs without problem. thanks Scott Henderson
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Blu Ray
    Hi Scott, Just to check you're using the DVDSP version that comes with FCS3? :) Rounik
  • DVD Studio Pro
    Hi Scott, Burning a Blu Ray in DVDSP is not possible. Your only option for burning is an SD version. Even an HD will be downconverted for SD output. Apple has been dragging their heels on this. Even the new FCS 3 did not contain any upgrades for DVDSP. Jeff
  • trk
    Hey Scott, You've probably already discovered it's not possible with DVDSP. FCS 3 can burn a BluRay if you have a BluRay burner on/in your Mac, but you do it through the Final Cut Pro 7 File Menu under "Share" and it's limited to a simple menu and chapter selection submenu. If you want more control over your BluRay and menus go with something like Adobe Encore. DVDSP can do HD DVDs, which it sounds like you were about to do, but these discs are HD quality h.264 files that only play back on a computer and NOT on standard DVD set top players or even BluRay or HD DVD players.
  • Rounik Admin
    Good tip trk. Thanks for sharing!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: