macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kevin
    Livetype to DVD Studio Pro problem
    Please, I am really trying to figure this out, and I am stuck. This is based on a lesson from my Apple Pro Training book co-written by Martin Sitter, so if you read this, please help. I have a Livetype .ipr file that is set to specific dimentions (width 400, height 60) and I am trying to import it into my SD DVDSP project. I have a drop zone set to the same dimentions. The problem is that as soon as I import the .ipr file into DVDSP, the dimentions of the file default to 720x480. This makes the text all pixelated and distorted. I have a Pro Training Series book for DVDSP that states that the .ipr file should maintain the dimentions set in Livetype, but this is not working for me. Any help would be welcome, I am tearing my hair out here trying to figure this out.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Livetype to DVD Studio Pro pro...
    Hello Kevin, Welcome to the forums! Could you tell me which versions of DVDSP and Livetype you are running and whether you are using the DVDSP 4 book? Thanks Rounik
  • Kevin
    I am using Livetype and DVDSP from Final Cut Studio 2. My Pro Training book is for DVDSP 4, but I bought it when FCS 1 was out. I wouldn't think newer versions of the programs wouldn't be as compatible as the older ones, whould they?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kevin, Thanks for the info. Sometimes features change in newer versions. Let me see if I can get this to work in FCS3 using Livetype (which has essentially not been updated since FCS2). Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Kevin, I've just tested this out with the same results as you got. My thoughts on this are that your image is too big for the DVD spec. Your project in DVD SP is 720 x 480? Your image / animation in Livetype is 400x600? The Livetype is imported into DVDSP and is stretched to a max of 400x480. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Kevin
    Actually, my Livetype dimentions are 400x60, not 600. I'm basically following along with this lesson, but it's not working. No matter what my dimentions are in Livetype, when I import the .ipr file into DVDSP it comes in at 720x480.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: