macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Carita
    DVD Impossible to read
    Hello everybody. First of all, I'm making a big effort to write in english, so please be patience and nice :). This was my first time using DVD Pro. I built a DVD from a project following all the steps until the creation of the filed HVDVD_TS. At the end I burn the DVD but it can only be read by my Mac. PC or DVD readers can't. Do you have an I idea what can be missing? (I'm becoming crazy with this, have burned 6 DVD already:( ) Thanks for answering!!
  • Carita
    Re: DVD Impossible to read
    I'm patient...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Carita, Thanks for your patience ;-) What version of OSX, DVD Studio Pro are you using? What is the Mac and DVD burner you are using? Which standalone DVD players did you try the disc on? Thanks Rounik
  • Carita
    Hi! Thanks for answering! OSX 10.6.4 DVD Studio pro 4 Mac Intel Core i5/OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H I've try the DVD on two different PC, and two different DVD players (can't tell more specifications about them as they are not here.) Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Carita, Thanks for the info! What are your DVDSP final settings for burning the project to DVD? :) R
  • Carita
    Hi Rounik, Ok I think what is happening is extremely simple and silly from me :/. I have an HD project and I exported on HD 720X576 (PAL as I'm in Europe). The person that is trying to read the DVD without success does not have an HD reader... I'm making a new export in standard and I'll see what happens... :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Carita, I see.. Is the person you are sending the DVD to in a NTSC or PAL region? Hope it works better this time... do let me know how you get on. :) Rounik
  • Shaun
    You can forget it, viewing a HD burned DVD from DVD Studio Pro will only play on a Mac. You will need to down covert the HD video to SD using Compressor. Once this is done you will be able to view your DVD in any player. Trust me, It drove me crazy too! I hope this helps.
  • Carita
    Good quality down conversion impossible?
    I can't believe I'm here again one year after and with the same problem. Ok I need to burn a DVD again with DVDSP. I have a sequence turned on full HD 1080i. To make a DVD compatible with all readers I need to down convert. Ok. I've try maybe 16 different settings with compressor and I get always very bad movie quality. Most of the time I'm having problems with the interlaceing. I've try exporting via FCP also. Bad quality. I've check all forums possible on the world (and in my languages) and I just find people having the same problem, becoming crazy, and poor weak answers from other people. HOW CAN THIS BE? I have to confess for the firs time Mac gets me out of me! Does someone knows the way to down convert HD with acceptable results? Please I want to belive this is possible... Thanks for your answers!
  • Carita
    Re: Good quality down conversion impossible?
    Ok I'm on my 30th setting! Someone in a different forum advice me to copy the sequence and create a SD project where I copy it, then export as an SD project. it seems to work but I don't think this is technically the best way... I'm burning my DVD and then I'll come back with results in case it can help someone one day! :-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: