macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Michael
    Layered Menus Made in Photoshop
    I am making a SD DVD, and I have several menus to prepare. THey are layered menus made in Photoshop. I want a 16:9 style menu, and all of my text is badly pixilated when displayed on a TV. What am i doing wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Layered Menus Made in Photosho...
    Hi Michael, What size/dimensions are the images you are using? Thanks Rounik
  • Michael
    The file size is 720 x 480 NTSC. I just want to be able to make my menus in widescreen format without the text looking so pixilated. I am very much a beginner at this, so pardon the rookie question.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Michael, Are you using Photoshop CS5 to prepare the images? The reason I ask is that when creating still images and importing them into Video / DVD there may need to be conversion due to the pixel aspect ratio difference. If you're using PS CS5, when you create a new project choose the Film and Video Preset and choose NTSC DV Widescreen. You'll notice that the pixel aspect ratio is 1.21 whereas the NTSC DV template is 0.91. You can watch the first five videos of the "Photoshop CS5 204 : Preparing Still Images for Final Cut" for free which will help a lot!! I'd recommend purchasing the tutorial as it is highly informative and I love Michael Wohl's style: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/photoshopcs5204[/url] Hope this helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: