macProVideo.com
Forums
  • eddy g
    burning DVD the coolest way
    Martin Sitter says in his training video (DVD Studio Pro 101) that the coolest way to burn a DVD is from a TS folder that you have built to your hard drive. I built a TS folder and used DVD player to check it, works great. But for the life of me I can't burn a DVD from TS. When I double click the layout Icon in TS no formatting window appears. I'm in a world of pain. Cheers.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: burning DVD the coolest way
    Hi Eddie Welcome to the forums! A you trying to burn it using Disk Utility or direct in the Finder? What version of DVDSP are you running and what version of OSX? Thanks Rounik
  • eddy g
    Hello Rounik, Firstly, I'm a camera operator by profession and everything I know about DVDSP, I learned from Martin Sitter's training DVD (5 star). I rate my abilities as basic to moderate. I'm running OSX 10.5 and DVDSP 4.2. Most DVD's I burn come straight out of DVDSP and that is all good but I want to archive my jobs as TS folders, seems like the way to go but others have told me a disk image is better and burn with Toast. That is all fine but am I right in thinking Martins idea of double clicking layout button and getting a format window is so much faster? Many thanks for your help.
  • Mick B
    I have followed the burning instruction on the video and double click the layout file and nothing happens. I am using DVDSP version 4.2.2 on an iMac 10.6.6
  • Rounik Admin
    Well... I can't confirm this - but I assume that TS folders worked differently in OS 10.4 than they do now... I'm pretty sure that you can use a third party application like Toast to burn TS folders... But I've tended to burn a disk image - or if I have a TS folder I've not tried burning it , only played it back in DVD player. I don't have a definitive answer I'm afraid... And unfortunately, I'm not near a Mac I can test this on for a little while...
  • BenB
    With DVDSP you must remove the Layout files. There's two of them, and are only used by DVDSP, and can interfere with playback in many players.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    Thanks Ben, This is great to know! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: