macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Biwupie
    Can I use Logic or Soundtrack pro?
    I'm a composer, I have a good video extractor to convert different Video formats so I can place in my daw. But now these programs seam to not work the way they use to. Now it seams that I cannot mute the audio thAT WAS EXTRACTED from the video. It does not even come from my daw! What do you recommend. I prefer not to by anything else!
  • BenB
    Re: Can I use Logic or Soundtrack pro?
    What exactly are you using? What exactly is your workflow? Where do your videos come from, and what format are you converting them to, and how?
  • Biwupie
    thanks for the reply. I have a i7 quad core, 12 gigs of ram. In this case I received a WMV. I have a video converter called Wondershare video converter ultimate. I converted the file to a MOV file. In logic I dragged it into an empty project and was prompt if I wanted to extract the audio and video, as I have done before these logic up dates. It extracted the audio. I muted the audio and the sound still played. Looked at the out put of Logic and no audio was coming out of the main output. It seams that extracting the audio is in sound track pro. Then export the audio and video files separately? Does that mean that the audio is not on the video and I can place it in logic {both the video and audio} and then mute the old audio and or edit it, create the score. Bounce the audio files and place new audio in Soundtrack pro and then to compressed? Dam thing keeps editing my typing LOL. well you know compress er. This use to be easer when we could export OMF. This is not the first film I edited. But it's been 4 years, they have changed logic too much. Also Sound track pro does not work well, it's slow! This is something I feel need to be explored here at Mac Pro!
  • Biwupie
    Opps I have Logic Pro all the latest updates in OS and DAWs
  • BenB
    ".mov" does not tell me what codec the file is in. Get QuickTime Pro 7 from Apple (yes, they still sell it, cheap) to convert your videos to ProRes (LT), and be sure the audio is AIFF codec. Stuff like Wondershare and such are so wacko and suspect I'd never trust them to do what you want at all. SoundTrack Pro is a discontinued product. But it does NOT export audio and video separately, it only exports audio files. I'm not clear on what your goal is. What exactly is muted on your export? Is it a track that is muted in Logic? You can export from Logic only as legacy FCP XML, or AIFF to bring back into your video editing software. More specifics would help me out a lot.
  • Biwupie
    OK Let me read your post more to answer your questions better!!! Thank you so Much. It will be a few days, Getting busy. Thank goodness I'm a mixer/producer and not a full video sound producer... yet!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: