macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Phyllis11
    Can I play converted h.264 movie on xbox 360 with 5.1 via MCE
    I'm hoping to play the converted movie through my xbox 360 being used as a media center extender.  While I *can* play the converted h.264 on the xbox 360 via MCE, it limits me to 2-channel audio.  I've used other programs to do this in the past, but the audio experience is a problem for me, I want to use the 5.1 setup I have.  Can you recommend anything to me? Thank you.
  • BenB
    Re: Can I play converted h.264 movie on xbox 360 with ...
    First, you have to create a Dolby 5.1 audio mix in FCP X. That's six channels, each assigned to a specific output channel. This can be done a few ways. First, make the audio settings for a Project a 5.1 surround sound. Then when you edit in a clip, use the Channel Configuration and 5.1 mixer to assign the mixing of that clip. Then beyond that, create custom presets in Compressor 4, and assign them to your Share menu in FCP X. I'm going to run a test scenario and post back here in a bit, so I can give you a detailed workflow. But as far as I know, you should be able to export an H.264 5.1 file. But let me verify that first.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: