macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Editude
    Livefonts resolution FCP
    Hi all, I just started using Livetype as well. Everything works out pretty well, but there is one problem, I created some titles with livefonts. In Livetype they look really good, I saved them as .mov, and imported them in FCP. When I watch them in the viewer they still look good, and even in the timeline combined with the videolayer it seems ok, but as soon as the Livetipe clip is rendered the livefonts get a really low resolution and you can hardly tell the letters are animated. Does anybody have a clue what I can do to make them look better? Thanx! Jude
  • john
    Re: Livefonts resolution FCP
    Hi Jude: You need to monitor what goes back to your tape, NOT the Canvas Window. The Canvas window only shows a proxy of the final output. Also, I do not reccomend rendering your graphics or titles with the DV-DVCPRO codec. Try exporting your Final Cut Pro movie as 8 bit or 10 bit uncompressed. You can then take that movie and author your DVD with DVD Studio Pro. Unfortunately, if you must render with DV, there is no real easy answer to get crystal sharp graphics. When you render with the DV codec, you are compressing your graphics at 5:1. Do you happen to have an AJA or KONA card installed in your system? If so, you could work at 10bit uncompressed in real-time. Here is a quick example of what I am talking about. http://www.geniusdv.com/weblog/archives/qualify_of_graphics_and_titles_in_final_cut_pro.php Let me know if this helps.
  • Martin
    Re: Livefonts resolution FCP
    Try bringing your Livetype .ipr file (project file) directly into your FCP timeline ... no need to render it to a .mov first. This can cause problems if your rendered file is not the same codec as your FCP sequence ... and hey, why bother with the extra time and disk space required to render out of Livetype ... When you output the sequence, FCP will use whatever setting you have set up for the FCP esequence, so it should look fine. Also, if you are rendering out to DV, don't forget that QuickTime always displays DV clips at a low quality setting ... open the file in QT and choose Option-J to open the (I think) movie properties window. From there you can select the video track and then in one of the tabs, you can set it to "High Quality" playback. I know, it's kinda silly to have to go through this ... it's not 1998 anymore ... FYI, this is covered in detail in the FCP 102 tutorial.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: