macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nancy Franklin
    3D movie creation in FCP
    Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to use Final Cut Pro to create a 3D movie. (Like Disneys "Honey I Shrunk the Audience") My students would like to do a project using 3D, I have located other software that will do it but we already use FCP and was wondering if there was a way to accomplish the task using it. Thanks for any help you can give! Nancy Franklin
  • Martin
    Re: 3D movie creation in FCP
    I've never seeen that movie, can you describe a bit more about what you are trying to do?
  • Nancy Franklin
    This is the 3D movie effects in which you use 3D glasses to view. By what I understand you film and then offset the image in red and blue maskes (not really sure). The result, when viewed with the glasses, is that the portion of the image which has been processed appears to come out of the screen towards the viewer. I think in the 1950's it was called sterioscope. I hope that helps?
  • Martin
    Ah! Yes, you can do that, but with Motion, not Final Cut. You do it by slightly ofsetting the color channels, and it actually does work!! Very cool stuff ... however, I've never done it myself. My suggestion would be to ask in the apple Motion Forum ... Damian Allen, who writes the motion Apple pro training series book, knows the technique ... see if you can track him down in that forum: [url]http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=656[/url] We should do tutorial on that ... :)
  • Nancy Franklin
    Thanks for the help. I will follow up with looking at Motion and checking the forum. I appreciate the assistance!
  • Martin
    Actually, come to think of it, you could probbly do it in FCP too ... the main idea is you seperate out the red channel and offset it by something like 15% to the left, or is it right? I can't remember really, I only saw it done once, a few years ago ... Anyway, hope you find the technique! If you do, let us know ...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: