macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Final Cut Pro & Final Cut Expres
    Quality of exported video :(
    Hello macprovideo forum, I have some problems with quality of my exported footage, it looks really un sharp and looks like there is lots of wind surrounding the what ever is the target or if there is something moving in a picture. I have no problems what so ever in capturing my videos (SD still at moment),editing, adding motion effects or shake stuff in my videos but when i need to export videos, (have tried to export in many different formats) picture quality gets really un sharp, like it looks like that there is huge wind blowing there and all edged are really un sharp. (i didnt have this prob. with my old mac´s with old processor system, only when i changed to intel based mac´s) So i dont know if i do something wrong or is there wrong in my system or what u would think, because it dont make my video production to look really good like this either. Latest i see the result when i burn video to dvd and i see the quality of my video, it is not stuff what you wanna sell out ! So i hope i could find some help from here. I am using all orginal software, macbook pro and mac pro (with enough ram memory in), sony wx-2100e camcorder and using high quality tapes, dvds. So i dont where to start digging anymore, i have tried coding and exporting in different format but it just seems really windy or unsharp still. Any advice for exporting or coding to dvd or etc. What i could try to make this work for me ? Best regards Tommi Blom
  • Martin
    Re: Quality of exported video :(
    What codec are you exporting to? I see you say several, but please tell me which ones, as well as the frame dimension.
  • Final Cut Pro & Final Cut Expres
    Frame dimension is regural what goes with PAL system 720 x 576. For codec normally i have used "before" first option from final cut´s export as quick time movie and as well with tried different changes with export as using quicktime conversion. Both or all with not so good result. Cheers Tommi
  • Martin
    Do you think the "Wind" effect could be due to interlacing? Also, if you are looking at it in QuickTime player, by default QuickTime displays DV movies as "Low Res" ... you can change this by opening the movie in QT and chooseing Window > Show Movie Properties (Command-J). Sellect the movie track, and then go to the (I think) display settings and click the High Quality playback option. That will display the video as "Normal" quality. Try that first and see if it solves the problem. Otherwise, there's a lot of stuff going on here that has to do with the science of video and how compression works. Nothing beats some good training ... :) ... here's some vides I recomend for this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringFCP[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/inAndOutInFCP[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: