macProVideo.com
Forums
  • gwoss
    Unifying of framesizes of movie-trailers
    Hi there, I am working with movie trailers which my company takes off official studios sites and other portals like apple.com/trailers. I am supposed to cut these trailers together and create new info files of them (like "the movies of the week", I use the trailer footage to present the current releases). Now although each trailer is in quicktime, they often come in different frame sizes (some are in 480 x 260 etc, some are 640 x 288 etc.. I´d like them all to be in size 720 x 576, regular DV-Pal BUT without the moviecontent being squeezed etc.. Usually you cannot simply turn a 4:3 movie into a 16:9 movie without the picture being changed (squeezed or streched pictures)...but is there a feature in Final Cut or is there a software where one can unify the frame size from whatever source frame size without the ususal stretching/squeezing effects on the movie content? I´d just like to be able to create a DV-pal-movie consisting of different source material but all in one size. Is this possible? Thank you Gregor
  • Martin
    Re: Unifying of framesizes of movie-trailers
    It is possible, but not "automatically" ... well, you could try just dragging and dropping the movies into a 720 X 576 sequence and "hope for the best" ... FCP will letterbox vids where it needs to. The big issue here is your prefered output format is 4:3, whereas a lot of the videos you are using are 16:9 ... consequently, you'll need to have a letterboxed output (black bars at the top and bottom of the screen). Aditionally, you will be "up-resing" the footage, or blowing it out from a smaller dimension to a larger dimension. If the footage is interlaced (or even if it isn't) this is going to lead to a dodgy picture quality. The short answer is, there's no acceptable way to do what you're attempting without a bit of work, and probably a less than satisfactory picture quality in the end. Sorry!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: