macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Epi
    going from FCP to DVDSP
    Hello I am trying to export a movie from FCP6 (.mov, pal) to DVDSP4 (.m2v/mpeg2) I have a problem with pixel ratio I think (in your tutorial you explain how to deal with this for photoshop but not FCP). In FCP my movie is ok (square pixel ratio, pal , 720x540) but when it arrives in DVDSP it shrinks horizontaly (but rectangular pixel is selected in the menu) What should I do? Thanks PS: I can't use Compressor because of some problem linked to my computer, so I am going trough FFMPegX.[b]YOUR TEXT HERE[/b][b]YOUR TEXT HERE[/b] Any other way to do this without to much quality loss? (Quicktime pro does not include MPEG2 conversion any more)
  • Martin
    Re: going from FCP to DVDSP
    It sounds like the MPEG-2 Export component didn't instal properly ... when you install Final Cut Studio, the ability to export MPEG2 files is added to QuickTime. This might also be something to do with the compressor issue you are experiencing. It sounds to me like your PAL video is being converted to NTSC. For starters, 720 X 540 is actually an NTSC square pixel aspect ratio. i *think* what's happened is you've added the PAL footage to an NTSC sequence ... it'll look close to okay in FCP, but not once it's taken into DVDSP. I would suggest editing in FCP using a sequence that is rectangular pixel aspect ratio, at the standard PAL res of 720 X 576 ... take that into DVDSP and all should be fine. Also, have you tried compressing your files using DVDSP itself? I guess it might not be working if QT and Compressor are not able to encode MPEG-2.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: