macProVideo.com
Forums
  • The Slasher
    No audio when capturing straight from camera.
    Hi. I'm capturing from a Sony PD 150 using FInal Cut Pro HD 4.5. When it digitizes the video we can hear the audio perfectly but when its just streaming straight from the camera live we cannot hear didly squat! We can see the audio levels in Final Cut but still cant hear anything until the audio is completely digitized to the hard drive. Could it be a preference file thing? Thanks
  • Cajypiu
    Re: No audio when capturing straight from camera.
    Sounds like its a camera thing actually. Put headphones in to the camera or try and turn the volume up on the camera and see if that does anything?
  • Jim Kanter
    You can't listen to the audio as FCP is capturing it in earlier versions. Monitor it directly from the camera or deck. In FCP6 you can check an audio preview switch in Log and Capture that will let you heat what's being captured.
  • zelly
    so if i have final cut express hd 3.5.1, i won't be able to hear audio from my internal computer speakers when i'm capturing from my camera? just checking...i've been troubleshooting for a while.
  • Jim Kanter
    Correct. During capture you can only hear audio when patched into the source deck, not through your computer.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: