macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Joe9090
    Final Cut Pro Batch Capture audio one second out of sync
    Hello, please help. I'm running Final Cut Pro on a Macbook Pro with Leopard. I have it set up with a 500GB external hard drive connected via firewire. My scratch disk settings mean the render files go both to the internal and external drives. My problem is that when I try to batch capture the clips the audio is exactly 25 frames / one second behind the video. It makes no difference if I disconnect the hard drive and record everything on the internal drive. I am using the same model of camera to injest that I filmed on (PD170). The settings, as far as I can tell, are all correct. MiniDV PAL Firewire 48Khz. Bizarrely, when I try to injest footage from a handycam (which I have shot on a handycam) it tells me that frames have been dropped, but it comes out fine, even on batch capture. I am confused, frustrated, increasingly enraged. I've looked at a bunch of forums but never found quite the same problem that I am experiencing. Why exactly one second all the time? Thanks in advance for help...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Final Cut Pro Batch Capture audio one second out of sync
    Hi Joe Sorry to hear about your issue capturing. Have you tried setting up the scratch disk to use only the external drive? Does the issue persist? Rounik
  • scubasteve canning
    Re: Final Cut Pro Batch Capture audio one second out of sync
    hey there. the one second thing may be a clue. PAL is 25fps and film is 24fps. are ur capture settings correct? scuba.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: