macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wifucye
    FCE won't play clips in viewer
    When I try to see a clip in the viewer the sound plays but the picture stops and starts erratically. Could it be the speed of the HD? I'm running it on a Macbook 2ghz with 2gigs ram and Tiger 10.4.11
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FCE won't play clips in viewer
    Hi If you have a standard macbook, it's HD is running at 5400rpm which isn't recommended for video. Even if you had a 7200rpm drive, it's recommended to run video (have your scratch disk) on an external HD. Minimum recommended spec for an ext drive is 7200rpm, firewire. Also might be worth considering not running any other applications while running FCE and repairing permissions once in a while: 1. HD/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility 2. Select your mac in the window 3. Click on Repair permissions. 4. Restart your mac once finished. This may not help your issue but is good practice for maintaining your mac and many people recommend doing this process once new software has been installed or every week or two. Cheers Rounik
  • Wifucye
    Rounik, Thanks for the tips. I'm HD shopping as we speak. Thanks, Pipes
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Pipes, My pleasure ;) Let us know how you get on with the new HD. Cheers, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: