macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Unplugged!
    compressor 3 - files get bigger
    i just tried to compress a 190 MB Final Cut Movie file for the YouTube upload using the setting suggested by Michael Wohl in his tutorial and I am getting much bigger files on the output - about 1 gig. what am I doing wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: compressor 3 - files get bigger
    Hi Unplugged, Can you describe each step you take to compress the movie. Also, how long is the movie? Cheers Rounik
  • Unplugged!
    Hi Rounik, I tried to do it two ways. First, I selected a part of sequence from FCP, I/O. Then I went to Export - Using Compressor. Then I created Custum setup and typed in what Michael Wohl suggested. The movie is 16 minutes long. Second way, I just made a FCP Movie out of that segment and repeated the steps. BTW, I could not find the YouTube setups downloads anywhere on the Compressor 101 page as Michael tells in his lesson 45. Thanks, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Alex, I've just tried it out as per video 45's step by step instructions...was fine for me... But, i was compressing a 20 second video clip which was almost 50MB and the end compressed result was 24MB. So, with a 16 minute video you may well need to play with the Compressor Quality and change it from Medium to low or Least. You coula also try changing the reszie filter and the rate conversion as well as halving the key frame rate if that doesn't help (though 15 fps is never going to match the quality of 30). Let us know how you get on. Thanks for letting us know about the YouTube presets missing from the Main Compressor Page. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: