macProVideo.com
Forums
  • VannessV
    Edit to tape ??
    Is everybody can tell me what's a different between Edit to tape and Print to tape.In my company,i and my teamwork always used edit to tape cause this way take a timecode exactly more than print to tape. I dont know edit to tape and print to tape is the best way to do. Help me and tell me why ? Thank alot !!! Vann
  • Jim Kanter
    Re: Edit to tape ??
    Print To Video assumes that you are recording to a brand new tape that has not been recorded on. It automatically lays down a control track which is a series of pulses that allow the recorder to record and play back the audio and video correctly. If there is a break in the control track the recording will temporarily be distorted when the control track resumes. There is not signal recorded where there is not control track. Edit To Tape assumes that the tape already has a control track recorded on it and attempts to read it when laying down the new video and audio signals. This is useful if you are updating a section of the tape. Edit To Tape does give you the option of recording a new control track (Assemble Edit) or adding to a prerecorded tape (Insert Edit). Hope this simplification helps. Jim
  • VannessV
    Thanks for shared !
  • Final Cut Pro
    Print to Tape is for manually cueing and controlling your tape deck. Edit to Tape assumes you have 422 9-pin or FireWire control of the deck (from a Kona card for example) and FC controls the deck and punch in points. This allows for insert editing where a particular section or track can be inserted.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: