macProVideo.com
Forums
  • daisymorin
    Compressor issue - text not compressing properly
    I'm trying to export video (shot anamorphic 16:9) from FCP so that it'll retain its 16:9 aspect ratio in a 4:3 frame (I'm adding letterboxing). I've set it up in Compressor using the geometry settings. I have the frame set to a 4:3 size, the aspect ratio set to 16:9, and the padding set to 45 on the top and bottom. This is working swimmingly for everything except the text/titles, which I created in FCP. For some reason they are showing up in 4:3, which means they're squished and they go outside of the frame created by the letterboxing (they get cut off in the middle). I've tried moving them into the title safe area in FCP, and they don't get cut off but they're still squished. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  • Hisham
    Re: Compressor issue - text not compressing properly
    Hmm ... well, I would first export a test sequence out of FCP using the export function to see if this also occurs without using compressor. If it is OK, then I have to look into my compressor settings. In compressor, I would just use the "current" project/sequence setting and that normally works ... See how you go! Hisham
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: