macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Raziel
    Exporting out of Final Cut-Stretched image
    I've shot some video on my Canon HV30. I used imovie 7.1.4 to import and everything looks great in the Final Cut time line. I've edited and exported using the Quicktime movie option. The final Quicktime movie ends up being stretched out about 15-20%. Very slight but it's very apparent to me. The footage is 1920 x 1080 HD. I've cropped it to 1920x816. Regardless of the sequence size (even after i tried it at 1920x1080) it still exports out with a slight stretch. What am i doing wrong?
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Exporting out of Final Cut-Stretched image
    Kia Ora, when options have you selected for your Quicktime export conversion? What setting from the pull down list? You could try exporting using quicktime conversion and make sure you choose the right aspect ratio, making sure the ratio checkbox is ticked, if you plan to down size or letter box etc?
  • Cajypiu
    ps... what did you capture in?
  • Cajypiu
    pss..... just read that bit! The footage is HDV, but what about frame rates? Interlaced, progressive?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: