macProVideo.com
Forums
  • md
    color ; dual display mode...
    hi to you all... i have one strange (stupid) question regarding color in dual screen mode... i have one main monitor 24 cinema display and one lg flatron 19 inch for my tools...i usually do all my work in fcp but today i need some extra correct color corection to do... im familliar with color(have your tutorial,hehe) but i can not make color to show my cinema display as a viewer,viwer is always my ugly looking LG monitor and i tried to change the place by hand and i can, but i cannot resize the viewer window to fit my cinema display...(or my composer window to fit my LG screen) i know i should use hd sdi card to output my video but on this mac pro i dont have any extra video cards installed...and i dont wanna move my project at this point... help! yours m.
  • Hisham
    Re: color ; dual display mode...
    Hi m I am not sure if I have understood your question. But maybe try system preferences under Monitor and use mirroring/extending monitors. Hope this helps somehow. Regards, Hisham
  • md
    Re: color ; dual display mode...
    sorry if i wasnt clear enough... so... i want my viewer window to fit my cinema display not my lg flatron...but when i set it to dual screen it sets the size of the viewer to the lg monitor size (which is smaller and not calibrated) and i cannot resize it to fit my cinema display,also the size of the COMPOSER is to big for the lg flatron monitor and i cannot resize it to fit the lg size. m.
  • md
    Re: color ; dual display mode...solved!
    hi to ya all... ive solved the problem by switching places of monitor connectors on my video card. 1. to 2. and 2. to 1. but system window is now on my smaller lg monitor. hope someone has use of this info...couse it seams that color by default uses secondary display output for viewer...this can not be changed or i didnt find a way how to change it. thats it ... yours m.
  • Cajypiu
    Re: color ; dual display mode...solved!
    Hi MD, rather than physically switching your display cables, you could also try and play around with the display preferences in system preferences. You can mirror desktops here or assign them to monitor 1 and 2... and whichever monitor that has the white menu bar thing is your master monitor that houses your dock and desktop. if you want to change which monitor houses the dock, drag the white menu bar to the respective monitor. Doesn't help change Color's preferences but it saves you having to get on your knees and recable things!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: