macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Fullscreen playback after QT con
    Fullscreen playback after QT conversion crops the sides.
    Okay...Whenever i Export my video to quicktime conversion and view them on Quick time, i always get the croppings to the left and right of the screen(if i view it in fullscreen(command+f)....Is this a frame size problem?im doing 4:3...I want to make the 4 edges of the video touch the four sides of the screen(full) during playback.Is this possible? Reply me a.s.a.p PS.I'm an amatuer that needs this bit of info fast coz I've got some corporate editing to do.Thanks in advance=]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Fullscreen playback after QT conversion crops the sides.
    Hi Fullscreen playback after QT con, If you're working in 4:3 (standard TV) and your screen is widescreen 16:9 then unless you stretch the picture it won't touch the sides of the screen. You could crop the footage in FC to make it 16:9 and then if youe xport it right it will playback fullscreen on a 16:9 monitor. Think about the footage you are importing and the destination of the output (how people are going to view the video - on what device(s), etc). When you choose to export click on settings and go through the size settings to take away the pillarbox crop bands. Also, check out the final cut videos - there's so much important stuff to know, that if you're doing some corporate editing I feel these videos can save you time! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/browse/finalcutpro[/url] The 101 video would be a great place to start depending on your current knowledge... Let us know if you need further help. Cheers Rounik
  • Fullscreen playback after QT con
    So even if i cant fit the whole screen during playback,it WILL fill the whole of TV screen when i burn the video to DVD?yes?...im just scared the DVD(if played) wont fit the screen.
  • Rounik Admin
    If the TV has an aspect ratio of 4:3 then yes. Always best to try it out... take a small clip, create a DVD using iDVD or something simple, and play it back on your TV. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    ... another thing to add to this bit too. You can change the display properties of a file in Quicktime, movie properties I think it is. As Rounik pointed out, it will depend on what it was captured at, PAL/ NTSC/ HD(V) etc... what you want to display it as... and that will determine whether or not you will have to do some file converting to be displayed correctly.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: