macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bjpent
    Audio sounds weak in Final Cut -but- Sounds great in Quicktime
    Hello, I'm really stuck in a bind here! Video is perfect in either situation. However, when I open up the MOV files individually from the Finder, Quicktime opens up the file and the audio sounds perfect. However, the same file in Final Cut sounds washed out. The files are recorded as mono/48khz. It sounds as if the person speaking isn't even near the microphone. Any ideas what it could be? The funny thing is that I am working with the same exact file, so it must be within Final Cut. Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks, BJ
  • bjpent
    Re: Audio sounds weak in Final Cut -but- Sounds great in Quickti
    *UPDATE* I imported the video file into Pro-Tools and discovered that it is a multi-track video file with 4 audio tracks. Apparently, Final Cut imported only two! How can I work with all 4 of the audio tracks with Final Cut? Does Final Cut Express support this? Do I need to import it in a special way? Please let me know soon, thanks!
  • Cajypiu
    Hi BJ, just a thought here. How many audio tracks do you have displayed in your timeline? If you don't have four, right click in the audio side bar area to add more tracks and then try and drag the movie file down on to the timeline to see if that works?
  • bjpent
    Hey there- Figured it out! We ended up going into the video's properties in Quicktime Pro and deleting the two unneeded audio tracks, saving it, and then reimporting it back into Final Cut Express. Now the only two tracks that FCE can load are the correct ones. Thanks for the quick reply and for lending a hand. Cheers, BJ
  • Cajypiu
    Hi BJ, no probs. Just a thought though... the two tracks that you deleted, were they room mics by any chance? You said the sound was washed out so I was wondering if it was a twin stereo recording you had there. Deleting the two tracks with Quicktime would be one way of doing it, but another thing to check would be to see what Final Cut's browser feeds back about the file. It should say 1V, 4A somewhere in there... and FC SHOULD support more than 2 audio files?? If you're happy as it is, however, sweet as. j
  • bjpent
    Yep, I believe they were the camera's mics as there were separate boom mics to record audio (which was stored as channels 3 and 4). As for Final Cut Express, it said 1A, which is what was confusing me in the first place. But it works now and that's all that matters!
  • Cajypiu
    That 1A thing sounds a bit weird to me... because you said it imported two audio tracks not four. As said though, if you happy and you know it clap your hands :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: