macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Solaris
    FC Express sound editing
    I am new to video and video editing, and I intend to buy FC Express. I read some articles where people complain about the sound editing capability. Then I heard some suggestion about Garage Band or Logic Express which will double the cost of FC Express. I would like to know if FCE itself has enough capability to handle sound or I need to buy a separate tool, and in this case which one (I intend to use my shootings for internet, and I just bought a Canon HV30). Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FC Express sound editing
    Hi Solaris, Welcome to MacProVideo forums! Every Mac comes with iLife bundled which includes Garageband, a music composition and production tool which is quite capable. If you have a mac, then you will already have this app in your Applications folder. What concerns do you have regarding the sound editing capabilities of Final Cut Express? In fact, what do you want to be able to do (sound wise)? Could you link to the articles mentioned as well, as that may help. Thanks Rounik
  • Solaris
    Hi Rounik, and thank you for reply. As I mentioned, I am new to video editing, as a matter of fact I did not even bought FC Express. To answer your question, let's say I create a clip and I have a song that I like to have it in the background which of course must be adjust to fit the shootage. Or I would like to use more song-fragments to fit the idea/feeling of the shootage. Those tools you've mentioned can do that, and again which one you recommend. Thanks. Virgil
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Virgil, Do you have a Mac already? If so then you have Garageband which is great for music composition - deifnitely ok to start with! I use Logic Pro, so I'd always recommend it or Express if you need more than Garageband can give you. Final Express will give you a lot in terms of audio editing anyway! You can have upto 99 audio tracks and it comes with built in effects etc... but for the basic audio editing you describe I think FC Express will be absolutely fine. What I'd recommend is to get Final Cut and learn it... if you need more, then start using Garageband (which is free!) to compose and / or edit your songs in more detail... if you still need more then explore Logic express/Pro... Let us know how you get on or if you have any more questions. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: