macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Master Templates
    My master templates are not showing up in FC6, it shows the menu of the master templates and when I go to select one I get the film strip in the viewer but when I play it there is nothing there. I've tried to re-install FC6 but nothing seems to be working.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Master Templates
    Hi K1, Are you running OS X 10.5? If so, have you updated to the latest versions of FCP 6.0.2 and Motion 3.0.2? [url]http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306892[/url] Let us know if that works. Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    Yes I am running 10.5 and I am running FCP 6.0.4
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, when you reinstalled FC studio did you check to make sure you were installing / re-installing all the content too? Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    which content for the master templates should be re-installed? Cuz I already have the content for the other programs that come with FC Studio 2.
  • Rounik Admin
    The Motion content... Also make sure you have the Pro App update from Software update. I think a few other users are suffering this problem still - so it is a documented issue... Let me know if this works for you. Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    I just did the Pro App update.
  • Rounik Admin
    and so that doesn't help then?
  • Segejee
    no it didn't
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi K1, I'm puzzled by this... When you reinstalled FCS 2 did you wipe the app's and content from your drive first or just install over the top of them? Also, found this on the Apple Discussions from June. most users managed to get the templates working by simply re-installing and updating to 6.0.2 or above. One user had to take the following steps: * I trashed the Motion application (even though it was updated to 3.0.2). * I reinstalled just the Final Cut Studio files using the Final Cut Studio install disks (didn't install any of the extra stuff) * went to Software update, which offered to update both the Pro Applications Update AND Motion 3.0.2. This time, I ONLY had it install the Pro Applications Update, NOT Motion. * After it installed, I opened FCP 6.0.3, still got the black screen with the Master Templates. * I went back to Software Update and THEN installed the Motion 3.0.2 update. * rebooted and opened FCP, and the Templates were finally working again. ----- Let us know if this helps. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: