macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ph
    Syncing Multiple Cameras
    I am a new convert to the Mac and Final Cut Pro. I come from the world of Sony Vegas running on a PC, but I got tired of the crash and reload routine. Anyway, my problem is that I have footage of a wedding using three cameras and I need to time align all three on the FCP timeline. With Vegas, I would align the peaks of an audio event from the soundtrack timeline. My FCP timeline doesn't show the peaks of the audio, however, so I can't do it that way. Is there another way to get these videos lined up?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Syncing Multiple Cameras
    Hi Ph, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! I always use syncing using the audio waveforms in FCP. You can view the waveforms by either selecting "Show audio waveforms" in the FCP > Preferences [TimeLine] tab and/or the TimeLine settings in the Sequence settings in the toolbar. Make sure the audio track size is big enough to show the waveforms too. Enjoy using Final Cut & your Mac :) Cheers Rounik
  • Ph
    Re: Syncing Multiple Cameras
    Thanks a bunch, Rounik. That was easy and solved a huge problem. Please see my latest thread for my next big problem. Ph
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: